The Letter H




We had a good Monday in Room 2. We began our day by collecting Friday Folders and taking care of our morning activities. Then we read "My 'H' Book" and brainstormed some "H" words. At language arts rotations, students used crayons and foam stickers to make the tactile page "Hearts on 'H's on a Heart." My groups read "I Am" and worked on neat "H" handwriting and words. The other groups had secret centers. After recess, we had math. We used counters to make and identify the numbers 16 and 17.

After lunch, we recited our new poem, "Pease Porridge Hot," and had art with Ms. Maria and Miss Karla. Inspired by Andy Warhol, students stamped and decorated sugar skulls for our Halloween treat bags. We also had free draw with markers. Next, we started a new activity, "Star of the Week." Each week, we will single out a member of our class to share things about themselves. Don't worry, we will send a note home ahead of time to let you know when it's your child's week! This week, I am the "Star of the Week." Today I shared a poster that shows a lot of my favorite things and some pictures. I also took questions and comments from the class.  For P.E., we worked on jumping rope and bouncing a ball.  To end the day, we talked about friends and what they do. Students wrote a sentence and illustrated their example. Then we packed up, passed out homework, and lined up for home.  Let's have a great week!

Be sure to look over homework for the week! A note about class t-shirts is also attached. See me if you have any questions!

Comments