A DIfferent Kind of Day


We had a different kind of day in Room 2. Part of my duties as the grade level chair for kindergarten puts me on the Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) at Third Street. Some members of the ILT spent the day with Dr. Oh observing teacher instruction and gathering evidence of learning at the school. It was quite informative and enjoyable. It also meant that, although I was on campus, I spent most of Tuesday out of the room. The class had Mr. Halperin as our substitute teacher most of the day. The day started with Nutrition and morning activities. We read "Iguana on Ice." At language arts rotations, students worked on the "Short I" sound. Mr. Halperin's groups read "Am I?" and worked on "I" handwriting and sentences. The other groups had secret centers. After recess, the class went to Tech Lab. Mr. Scott had everyone work on phoneme games via the Planet Bravo website. When we returned to the room, Mr. Halperin read a story and had students complete unfinished work.

After lunch, I came back for Star of the Week. We reviewed Ziggy's poster and what we learned about her. Then she shared four things: a striped cat names Rosie, A large SpongeBob pillow, a beehive, and some snail shells. Then we took questions and comments from the class. I had to leave again, so Mr. Halperin led the math lesson on two fewer. Then we ended the day with Reading Buddies with Room 19. I got back in time to help packed up and play some "Mr Ricker Says" before we lined up for home.

Today also happened to be Miss Amber's last day in Room 2. We said good-bye before we left, but she will still be missed!

Comments