"Short i" Plus Tech Lab







We had another quick Tuesday today in Room 2!  We started with our regular calendar and morning business, with the exception of the students reciting the phonetic alphabet without my help. We read "Iguana on Ice" and tried to brainstorm more "short i" words. Then we started language arts rotations, where we found "short i" words to cut and paste. We also tried writing "I" sentences on the back. Students did a good job using the "I see ___" and I like ___" sentence starters on the board to guide them. I know it's early in the year, but several students are ready and it's good practice for everyone to learn the proper spacing, beginning capital, and ending punctuation of a proper sentence.  My groups read "I See the Apple" and practiced "I" handwriting, while others had secret centers.

After snack and recess, we went to the Tech Lab. Mr. Riko had students go to abcya.com and create a pumpkin face using the tools and accessories available. They also typed their names. We practiced our poem "Little Jack Horner" and did some rhyming afterwards. After lunch, we read "Pumpkin Eye" and had math. We're working on ordering numbers 0-10. Students cut and pasted the numbers in order. I, Mr. Ricker, shared some toys at Star of the Week time before we ended the day with some P.E.  Our reading Buddies from Room 19 were on a field trip, so we went out to play instead.

Comments