Earth Day (and Jury Duty)




It was an unexpected Tuesday for everyone this Tuesday in Room 2. I was called in for jury duty, so Mrs. Parra came in to substitute for the class.  Our plans for the day included reading "The Earth and I" in honor of Earth Day. Students should have worked on "Br and Cr" phonics and sentences at language arts rotations. At the teacher table, groups should have read and practiced handwriting skills (or done some math) with Mrs. Parra. The other groups had secret centers. After snack and recess, we went to Tech Lab with Mr. Riko and used the computers.

After lunch, we read a story and had math. We should have learned all about hexagons. Then Steve shared his toys for Star of the Week. To end the day, we had P.E. or Reading Buddies, depending on the availability of Room 19. I hope everyone had a great day!

 I'm happy to say that I'll be back on Wednesday. I was dismissed after waiting in the jury pool most of the morning and afternoon. See you tomorrow!

Comments