A Big Announcement




I have some big news for the parents and students of Room 2 and Third Street: I have been offered a kindergarten teaching position at a school in the Chicagoland area and will be moving back to Illinois this summer. While I am excited to move closer to my family, I will be very sad to leave so many bright, kind, and inspiring friends, students, and parents. My wife and I have been considering this life change for awhile and weren't sure if it would happen this summer or not. This opportunity at William Beye Elementary in Oak Park seemed too good to pass up, so we have made the choice to move.

While I am leaving the state, it doesn't mean that I am gone. I would love to continue to communicate and follow everyone's progress, if possible. I will send a note to parents with my email address, as well as with the teachers and staff at Third Street if you want to keep in touch. I plan on visiting Los Angeles often, so there will be more chances to see me. I felt like this was my time to come home, take advantage of a real job opportunity, and move into a house that I could never own in southern California. I've enjoyed and been proud to be a part of the Third Street community for sixteen years. It has truly been an honor! I hope that you'll remember our time together as well spent and productive. I'll miss you all!

Comments

  1. MR. RICKER! We will miss you SO much! Kinder won't be the same without you and you will be greatly missed. As Suzie used to say, "our loss is their gain" (or something like that). For sure come visit. Especially when it's below 20 degrees and you will want to come to sunny LA! - Amy Genut

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment